Epiphone Sheraton Pro II Vintage Sunburst
The new Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop, now offered in a beautiful Wine Red finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups with coil-splitting and a Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut.
Hailed by blues legend John Lee Hooker as "an out-did 335," the Sheraton has been renown for decades for its combination of superior tone and beautiful pearloid and abalone inlay. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the "thin-line" or ES series has its roots in Les Paul's first solidbody guitar, "The Log," that Les built in Epiphone’s factory in Manhattan in 1940.
"The Log" was made from Epiphone parts with a 4" x 4" piece of Pinewood down the middle. The ES-series is also semi-hollow with a solid center, which makes it more resistant to feedback than a typical archtop guitar.
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Top: Laminated Maple
- Neck: 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-in, set
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with "block and triangle" inlays/Pearloid and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- -Top: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -Back: 1-ply (Ivory)
- -Neck: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -Headstock: 5-ply (Ivory/Black)
- -"f" Holes: 1-ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- -Bridge Volume with coil-tapping
- -Neck Volume with coil-tapping
- -Bridge Tone
- -Neck Tone
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply; (Black/White); Vintage "E" in White
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover® Rotomatics™, 18:1 ratio
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 gauge