Aston Origin Condenser Microphone
The Aston Origin Condenser Microphone is a high-performance large-diaphragm mic with a 1” gold-evaporated capsule. With its unique look and exceptional build quality, this mic is a perfect for use both in the studio and on the stage.
The cardioid polar pattern, 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter help to deliver a bright and open sound, whilst maintaining accuracy and versatility in nearly all applications. Aston has hand-selected the capsule and paired it with a high-end transformer and balanced circuitry, using top-drawer components to ensure the highest build quality possible.
The Origin features Aston's signature wave-form mesh head which not only looks great, but provides protection for the mic's internals. The shock-resistant wave-form grille allows the head of the mic to distort if hit, then return to its normal position without being damaged. It also helps to diminish unwanted ambient sound by offering a measure of off-axis rejection. Additionally, there is a mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head that eliminates plosives in vocal performances.
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern
- 1" gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation